There seems to be a lot of new campers out there.
How do I know this?
We have been trying to buy a camper and they are being sold as fast as they are being advertised on Gumtree. Caravan companies have also told us they are struggling to keep up with the demand. There is a 5-month wait to get your hands a new van with some companies.
With international travel out of the question, people are ready to explore their own back yard.
I am excited that people are about to wander out yonder. Get out there and discover the natural beauty Australia has to offer!
If you are new to camping or a regular camper here are my camping rules to live by. By following these simple rules your camping experience will be a memorable one.
- Respect other campers.
- Drive slow around campgrounds, kids are at play.
- Leave the campground cleaner than when you arrived. Leave no trace.
- Take 3 for the sea. Simply take 3 pieces of rubbish when you leave the beach, waterway or anywhere! If we all do our bit we can make a difference and reduce plastic pollution.
- Shop local and support small businesses.
- Travel slow. What is the rush?
- Get off social media and be in the moment.
- Take only pictures, leave only footprints
- Limit plastic consumption.
- Stop at roadside stalls. Pick up some fresh fruit, vegetables, honey and eggs. Many of these stalls operate on an honour system so be sure to have some cash on you!
- Get up early and watch the sunrise.
- Star Gaze.
- Cook on an open fire.
- Relax in a hammock with a good book.
- Watch the sunset.
- Do something adventurous.
- Go fishing and see if you can catch your own dinner.
- Join in with the kids as they play in nature.
- Toast marshmallows.
- Enjoy a good glass of red! Even if it is out of a mug (that one is especially for me!).
As you hit the road, drive safe and enjoy your time in nature!